Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Design House

Here you can see my initial water color application.  As you can see I am focused primarily on the shadows.  The sky, water, and beach have a light wash to use as a reference point for the highlights in the painting which have been left unpainted.  When the darkest areas are fully established, I will then work on the highlights.  If I move into the highlights too quickly the relative values will be inaccurate. 

Because I am working on sanded paper, pencil really produces some dramatic results.  This new tool I bought was amazing on the sanded surface because of the size of the lead it uses.  It is called an enviromental and is made by Greta.  My only concern, as with all art supplies I love is will there be a continued supply of this unique size lead.

No comments: