Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, May 3, 2014

By Bird Rock

Add caption
In this painting, I am really happy with the color harmony and the color scheme,  The values within the painting are right where I wanted them to be as well.  I consider myself an impressionist.  I believe my color schemes reflect that.  These schemes are a function of how I see things not some preconceived notion of what the painting should look like.  When I paint I am seeing the colors between the colors.  I am not sure exactly what that means, but that is how it feels when I am looking at something.  I have a tendency to produce over saturated colors.  When I am painting a location under similar lighting conditions, I find myself grabbing the same color over and over again.  This seems to validate that my color choices are not arbitrary but rather a function of how I see things.

No comments: