Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 14, 2013

View to the Gazeebo

This painting took longer than most of my plein air efforts because the cloudy conditions extended my time in front of the landscape.  In the past week each of my paintings extended beyond my usual 3 to 3 and a half hours.

There comes a time in each painting where I feel it just needs to be done.  At that point everything speeds up to just get finished.  Decisions that were difficult with ponderous contemplation now just happen.  Things just get done.  When this feeling happens I just can't finish fast enough.  There is a feeling of relief that comes over me as I lose the analization and just react to the situation again. 
The finished painting measures 24"X36".  I like this painting because it has a different pallet and a different level of detail.  

No comments: