Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, June 14, 2013

Deep Moody Colors

\The weather was constantly changing from cloudy to partly sunny.  Everything about this painting kept in mind that I would probably be finishing this painting under June gloom.

Although I was working all areas of the painting down to the last minutes, there was a definite focus on the rocks.  I usually find the color I have in my hand in all areas of the painting and put them down over and over again until I add the finishing highlights.  This time I was painting in a similar way to when I paint with a pallet in my left hand.  I had a number of pastels that encompassed the colors in the rocks in my left hand which enabled me to get a more complete expression of the rocks before I moved to other areas of the painting.


No comments: