Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Me, Myself, and Irene

 



The Friday paint out for SOCALPAPA was to meet at Alliso beach at 9am.  I was there ahead of schedule and waited and waited.  Everytime a car would pull up I thought it would be a painter.  Eventually a painter showed up and we introduced ourselves.  We were supposed to meet on the south side of the beach but the light and the shadows were better facing Montage so we set up on the north side of the beach.

The square board presented compositional issues because of the distance I was from the subject.
 
I chose a green board based on the color of the sea.  I thought it would better represent the color of the ocean when I added the blues.  I had started doing my initial drawing in red.  This was based on the advice of William Morris Hunt's  "On Drawing and Painting".

No comments: