Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Heisler Park Morning on the Rocks

This is a finished plein air painting from a couple of weeks ago.  I ended up selling as I was just finishing up on it.  There has been debate about what true plein air painting is and what percentage it needs to be to be considered a plein air painting.  Up to this point in my painting, all plein air paintings have been completed on site in one sitting.  There is no working it in the studio and there is no coming back the next day or ever for that matter.  It is finished and stands on it's own merit as a painting when I finish for the day.  My goal for my plein air paintings as I have said before is for them to stand alone as a work of art that rivals my studio work in quality.  I am not compromising this statement at any point.  My goal is to work large plein air paintings with a high level of quality and finished appearance.  Lately as a result of this goal my paintings have been taking longer.  I am adding more detail and increasing the quality within them.  At some point this may change but for now this is where I am at.  This painting measures 24"X36" and is painted with pastel on a treated board of pumice gel and acrylic paint.

No comments: