Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, June 10, 2013

No Need For Speed

Everything about my set up is opposite of what they (the experts) tell you about what you should consider when packing for plein air painting.  My Heilman http://heilmandesigns.com box carries over 250 pastels but if that wasn't enough I bring along a couple of boxes of pastels that I am in the process of working into the box.  I work on a large surface that requires more time and is difficult to transport at times.  I have a back pack filled with all sorts of extra stuff just in case I need it.  I am going to work on a "plan B" set up that will allow me to go further off of the beaten path with my gear.  I have gone as far as 3 miles roundtrip with my stuff but it was hard work.  The walk back was the worst because of the difficulty that my gear presents.  I also need to come up with a device to carry my paintings so that I don't have them pinched between my forefinger and thumb for miles.  I think I am going to have to invent something for my pastel paintings on Masonite.  Necessity is the mother of invention...

No comments: