Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Me, Myself, and Irene

When working on this painting I wanted to reduce the amount of drawing in the beginning so that I could add the detail at the end and not overwork the painting.

The line of the shore in the compostion was a challenge in that I wanted to have a certain amount of the bluffs in the picture and show the shore receding in the distance.

Capturing the form of the water has been a focus for me.  I want to catch an interesting moment but I seem to keep painting the water as it breaks upon the shore.  All the parts of the water work together with the incoming tide so it is not just a matter of painting a wave.  When that interesting wave is happening what is the water doing everywhere else at that moment.  That is the challenge.  If I paint just the wave then what about the truth of the rest of the water's movement?

No comments: