Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Second with Sewell

When the demonstration was over, I started my painting; but not before I changed the color of my board.  The green would have worked but I thought the blue board in the car would work better. The color of the board influences all the other color choices and the way they look on the board.
Jeff thought the foreground was too distracting and busy.  He did not think the boulders in the foreground were needed.  He thought there should be more emphasis on the shape of the gully to create a path for the viewer.

Jeff wanted me to lower the values in the bluffs in the painting to create a greater sense of depth within the painting.  I took all of the advice he had to offer and the painting turned out better for it.
Jeff stayed until 8 pm painting with us.  He ended up doing a second painting.  Here is a close up of my painting which measures 24"X 36".

No comments: