Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Little Corona at Sunset

By the time I got to the beach, there was not much time to decide what to paint.  The sun was setting fast and I had about an hour and a half to paint.  The water upon the rocks and the color of the sand were what interested me/
At this point I am about half way through the painting.  The composition is set and the shapes are are roughed in.  I am applying the lighter colors and the details into the composition.
The highlights on the rocks as the sun slipped towards the ocean were the last thing to capture in the painting.

The amazing part of painting with pastels is the speed with which you can capture these fleeting highlights.  Although I had some trouble with the water as it comes ashore, I thought that the rocks were a fair trade off.  This painting took about an hour and a half from start to finish.


No comments: