Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September Clouds

In the course of my studies; I am reading about how to use focus to define and influence the area of interest of the painting.  Before I started painting I thought about not putting everything in a hard focus.  This is something that I feel I could improve upon.  The irony is that the least focused area of the painting is the part that interested me in the first place.

At this point in the painting I was focusing on the atmospheric perspective and the shadows and shapes in the middle ground of the painting.


I really liked the way the clouds turned out in the painting.  They were what brought me out to paint, they were the first thing I painted, and they were the quickest part of the painting.

No comments: