Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Bryant's Ranch

This scene was of interest to me because of the Eucalyptus trees.  I am intrigued by the trees that were planted along the edges of historic farm land to protect them from the wind.  I was going to originally going to paint the orange groves along the Santa Ana River.  The parking did not look good so I found this location and then decided to paint this scene. 

The combination of vertical and horizontal features were intersting.  The light was changing by the second.  The shadows of the trees against the ground were shifting, disappearing, and reappearing too quickly.

As I was painting I was approached by a art teacher on sabatical.  We talked a little bit and tried to set up a plein air painting meeting.

No comments: