Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 23, 2013

Plein Air Routine

I wake up and look at the light and what kind of day it is going to be.  Based on the weather conditions I decide on what color the under painting will be.  I also take into account where I will paint when deciding what color the under painting will be.  It takes about a half an hour to paint my boards with pumice gel and acrylic paint before I am able to pack them into the trunk of the car.  During the time it takes for them to dry I pack up anything else I need and put on the sun screen.

Here is a list of my gear that I have packed in the trunk of the car:
  • I have assorted boards ready to paint on.  I usually have anywhere from 3 to 8 boards in different sizes and colors.
  • I have my Heilman large box filled with pastels about 300 sticks.
  • My take it easyl easel.
  • My large hat and a couple of visors.
  • Suntan lotion
  • My backpack filled with stuff.  Inside my backpack I have the following:
  • pencil and sketchpad
  • value markers in four different gray values
  • viewfinder
  • two wet micro fiber wash clothes
  • misc. pastels that I am working into my pallet
  • all purpose razor knife
  • My camera which I use to record the progress of my work and help define the composition of my painting.


 

 

 

No comments: