Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 2, 2013

Orchard Hills

On the way down to Laguna Beach I had been taking two different routes.  In both cases I had seen these groves of trees from the distance.  It was one of those moments that whenever I would pass by I would say to myself that I need to paint that landscape.  The problem was I wasn't sure how to get there.  Well I found it the other day.  It was a development called Orchard Hills.  Many of the orchards had been cut down in anticipation of housing developments that did not happen yet because of the economy.  I went up one road into an asphalt manufacturing facility.  All along it were avacado groves.

After driving around the area and exploring it for around a half an hour.  I decided on this view because of the clouds.  When I had set out in the afternoon my original intent was to paint the clouds. 

Lately, these clouds had been building up throughout the day.  As the later part of the afternoon passed these clouds would just blow away.  That is why I started with them first.  I wanted to capture their shape. 

No comments: