Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 2, 2013

Orchard Hills

Once I had gotten the clouds roughed in I elaborated on the shapes and the values of the hills.  I then went and established the shapes of the avacado trees.  As I was establishing these elements I continually related the values of the features to each other to insure balance.  I also worked on the outlines and shadows of the avacado trees by varying the blueness of them as they went back into the landscape to enhance the atmospheric perspective.

Because the foreground was so empty I moved the pepper tree into the picture.  It helped build more atmospheric perspective and it broke up the huge amount of empty space I had created into the foreground.  I moved it about 30 feet to the left and fifty feet more into the foreground .

No comments: