Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Second Painting of the Day

Because of the weight of my gear I am picking locations that provide multiple views.  The location where I was painting from could have provided the material for hundreds of paintings.  As I prepare for a trip in the Cascades I thinking about how I will change my set up so that I am able to go further into the wilderness and how I will be able to transport multiple finished paintings.  When I had completed my day of painting at around 4pm I had to stop about 15 times because of the burn in my hands from carrying my pastels back to the car.

I took a different approach in this painting.  There was less drawing and more painting and layering of colors in this painting.


My underpainting was close to the complementary color of the masonite I was painting on.  It helped create the feeling of vibration in the painting. 

No comments: