Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 15, 2013

Painting At The End Of The Street

The amount of detail in all of the hills in the background was immense.  My focus was not on how I was going to get it done in the amount of time I had.  I just kept subdividing the space relative to the shapes within the shapes that I created while trying to capture the color and values.

If I had done a better job at getting the shapes of the hills more accurate it would have made it easier to get to the relationship between them in the distance.


This is one of those paintings that I would have liked to have a couple of more hours of painting.  I liked the colors and detail level of the hills in the distance but would have liked to develop the foreground more and built a better separation between the foreground and the middle ground.

No comments: