Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Second of the Day

I really enjoyed seeing more painters being drawn out by the event. On the walk over to my next painting location, I passed James Mcgrue painting rockpile.
Another painter pulled out by the event.
Because I had painted this exact scene from this exact location earlier in the year, I felt like I did not need to do a composition sketch.  The sun was moving fast and there was no time to complete a painting 24"X 36" without taking some short cuts.
I simplified the water, the hills in the background, and the small rocks in the foreground to speed up the process.  My first painting probably took about 3 and a half hours.  This painting ended taking about 2 hours to finish.
 The finished painting measures 24"X 36".

As I walked back to the car, I passed Paul Kratter and he complimented me on my colors and the size of the paintings that I had cranked out that day.  Jim McVicker was impressed with how fast I had done my second painting of the day.  I have to admit it felt really good to be complimented by these awesome painters.
The value shot.
The detail shot.

No comments: