Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Turn

There was a uninvited painter who painted during the quick draw.  It seemed like the wrong thing to do.  I waited until everyone left before I set up.  I have never been in a quick draw or a plein air event.  I wanted to use this opportunity to prepare for my entrance into an event next year.  I did not bring a frame for my painting but I wanted to see how well I could paint within a specific time frame.
In preparation for participation I will start timing my painting sessions.  I will also start practicing framing my completed paintings on site.
At this point, I am blocked in and working the values and details.
The finished result.

The finished painting completed in less than two hours.  My Montage 24"X 24".



The value shot
The large version of my 24"X 24" painting.

No comments: