Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Varnishing Pastels-It is going to happen!

In my efforts to improve my art, I have been looking into eliminating glass from my framing process.  Some of the reasons I am looking to change the way I frame is expense, aesthetics, and consumer perception.  From what I have found, varnishing dry pastels is still in the experimental stages.  How amazing is it that information is so available at the fingertips.  It took less time to find some of these pioneers than I have been contemplating this step.  I am going to begin my own experimentation on varnishing and will show the results.  I am very excited to take this step.  After reading a couple of people who are trying this I am going to start with the process recommended by Deb Chaney.  This is the link to her post.  Deb Chaney varnishes soft pastels.   Deb Chaney varnishes soft pastels.                                                                                                                              

No comments: