Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Nocturn

This is where I painted from.  It would have been impossible to paint here during the day.  
When painting en plein air, I am always fighting the movement of the sun and clouds and their effect on what I am painting.  Painting at night was very different.  It was very calm and quiet.  The only thing that changed was the reflections in the water.  As the ferris wheel closed down for the night, I wished that I had gotten there earlier.
As I was painting the reflections in the water, I found them to be much more calm than they appear in this photo.  Next time I paint reflections I will have to find a way to see them more like they appear in this photo.  I usually accentuate the element that I find most interesting in the composition; it is unusual for me to understate the most interesting element in the painting.

No comments: