Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 15, 2014

What it will take to get better this year

The goal is to always get better.  The better I paint the more I like to paint.  The past year has been full of growth.  Painting en plein air has gone further to improve my art than any other single thing.

How do I grow faster than I did last year?  What do I need to do to grow as an artist?

  • I need to paint more than I did last year.  The goal for the year is 200 plein air paintings, 40 oil paintings, 20 drawings, and 40 studio pastel paintings.  I will start my painting earlier in the day so that I can fit in more painting per day.
  • I need to get my art out there and exposed.  I will enter 20 contests.  I will update my portfolio.  I will actively seek gallery representation again. 
  • I will participate in as many paint outs as my schedule will allow.
  • I will actively use my network to generate leads.
  • I will expand my painting subjects beyond landscapes.  I will start trying to paint the figure.  I will paint still life as well.
  • I will sketch ten minutes every day.  I will start a daily sketch book.  I will try to elevate the quality of my on site sketching to a higher level before I start painting.

No comments: