Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Crescent Bay



This is one of my favorite places.  I used to come to this beach all of the time.  I love the beauty and the memories of this beach.  It is a small and secluded beach.  It has tidal rocks and bluffs on both ends.  This keeps if fairly quiet.  The weather was amazing.  It was about 75 and sunny at the beach.  It is tough work.

I started with a sanded paper and put down a water color under painting.  The composition is established but there is some room to change some aspects of it because the pastels still have to go onto it.

At this point I am laying in the pastel.  I wanted the under painting to be dark enough so that the pastels would be the highlights.  I was also trying to create the painting in shades of gray so the pigment would be vibrant against the back drop of the under painting.

No comments: