Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Crescent Bay

In looking at this painting from a distance it seems like I took the easy composition.  In looking at a number of my paintings, it seems like I have the same shapes in my main subjects.  I am going to have to work harder to find better compositions going forward.  This composition just seems too easy.  The reason I took this picture is because someone said the painting really "popped" from distance.

Some of the challenges for this painting held it back from being better.  The next time I paint this beach, I will make the painting more about the whole experience not just the bluffs.  Usually I am looking for more color than is actually in the painting, but I think I should work down into some more subtle color relationships.

As I finished up, this is how the bluffs looked.  I really liked the grays within the bluffs.  This will be the subject of a studio painting in the future.

No comments: