Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 28, 2013

My Turn

After Thomas finished his demo, it was our turn to paint.  There was so much information provided that I had the same feeling I get when I am finished painting en plein air.  I was empty.  It was interesting to feel that way after a demo.  When I am painting there is a deep concentration and focus.  There are thousands of decisions being made and executed within a relatively short period of time.  By the time I started, I felt like I had already finished.
There were so many amazing subjects to paint at the mission.  The mission closes at 5pm and I did not get set up until 1:30 pm.  I painted the lily pads because there are so few opportunities to paint them.
As I was painting, Thomas made the rounds several times working with all of the painters.  Thomas grabbed some pastels and showed me some of his chops while illustrating some of the points he had made during the demo.

No comments: