Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Paintdemic Social Distancing at Newport Back Bay




Back Bay mixed media pastel over water color measuring 27"X 41" on U-Art 400 grit sanded paper.

I had another opportunity to paint because the dogs were being watched by my family who were at home working.  Bayside Drive was closed to create social distancing so I was able to paint in the street.



The under painting was intended to build a base for the color interaction I envisioned when I got on location.  
The under painting is finished.  Now it is time to apply pastel.
Focusing on developing shapes, relationships, and values.
Now everything starts to move faster.
As the light began to change the shadows became more interesting on the bluff.  Because I was working in pastel it was easier to chase the light than if I had been painting in oil.
I thought I was done. When looking at the shape of the bluff I felt as if it was too square looking.  
I used some turquoise to cut a little into the bluff.  It seemed at the time like it made the difference.


Finished!
The value shot.  It seems like I got it right.
The detail shot.

No comments: