Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Mixing Board



24"X 36" Oil on board
A simply amazing day at the Back Bay in Newport Beach.  The mustard and daisies were dominating the landscape.
After studying the work of a Russian Impressionist, I decided that I wanted to try a different approach to mixing my colors.  I chose to mix my colors on the painting itself.
Once I started painting, I realized I did not pack my pallet knife, a plastic bag for used paper towels, and I lost my paper towels.  This ended up forcing me to stick to the plan.  I ended up throwing down a lot of paint.  

The values seem right for the most part.  I would have liked a little more separation between the foreground and the background.

My next effort at mixing on the board will seek to use a greater number of brushes, a greater variety of mark making, a bigger contrast in values, and more vibrant colors.  Not horrible for my first effort.

No comments: