Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

We're Not Verbal

I went to paint down at Heisler Park again.  This time I went down to the beach to paint Rockpile.  I went down to scout out a spot and took some refrence photos.  As I came down the stairs I saw a couple of easels and knew I found some fellow painters.  I approached them and looked at a painting that the guy in the purple shirt was working on.  I talked to him for about half a minute asking about his painting and asked if I could paint with them when he said "We aren't verbal."
 
At that point as I went back to my car to get my stuff I thought that guy is a dick.  He had told me he was a teacher.  I wondered what kind of teacher he was.
 
When I got down to the beach I made my way to the opposite side of the beach.  It's funny that I was willing to paint what I considered a much poorer landscape to be among fellow painters. 
 
Whenever I see painters, I am drawn to them.  I am always hoping to meet some of the top plein air painters that are out there.  I am also hoping they will share some of their wisdom with me.  Most of the time all I get is some company while I paint.
 
I just don't get it.  Plein air painting is all about painting in the elements.  People are part of that equation.

No comments: