Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sage Study in the Canyon

I painted indoors and finished up two studio oil paintings but I had the urge to paint plein air.  I went to the location where I painted at the end of the street because I saw a road that I thought might lead me into the Irvine land from a different location.  The wind was gusting up to 60 mph which was a severe test for my easel.


 As I was setting up I did not notice that the wind had caught my board and blew it down the hill.

I thought I might be going a long distance into the canyon so I reduced the amount of pastels that I took with me.  I left my Heilman box in the car.

As I was starting to set up a couple of buzzards were enjoying the combination of high winds and the thermals as they repeatedly flew just a couple of feet over my head.

No comments: