Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Saim's View


 In this painting I again focused on more painting and less drawing.  After watching Saim paint for an hour, I am sure that some of his color choices rubbed off on me.  We were not painting the same view but the subject matter was the same.


 There were a couple of things that I really like about this painting. The atmospheric perspective turned out well.  I usually want to keep adding detail until I have changed the painting from what I had hoped it would be to something else that I struggle with.  I also liked the way the detail level recedes into the distance.

Here you can see my attempts to follow Saim's advice.  I brought the right side up and created more variation in the shape of the water to reduce the effect of the lines running off of the surface.  The feedback I have gotten while painting has been very encouraging.  I ended up having two offers on the painting while I was working.  I sold it to a family from the San Diego area who had overheard a group of women who said they would contact me later about the painting.

No comments: