Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Light Pepper 2


An amazing sunset filtered through my neighbors Pepper tree.  The beautiful backdrop of the sky at dusk contrasted with the interesting shape of the Pepper tree was what inspired me.
  
The challenge for me in this painting was how to communicate the shape and the detail of the pepper tree foliage.  The strands of leaves and their movement was something I sketched out the bunches of foliage a couple of times before starting the painting,


 

The value shot showing the contrast of the tree against the sunset.  It feels right.

The detail shot showing the mark making, abstraction, and the texture created by the board,  This was a whirlwind of a painting.  When they are fast like this was they almost always turn out how I envisioned them.  This is one of those paintings.

No comments: