Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Farmer's Market

My water color pallet ready for painting.  A clean edge around the edge of the butcher tray.
When I am painting with a mixed media approach using water color and pastel, I am looking to establish a under painting that will compliment the application of pastels.  I work to create a strong gray based under painting.  

I love this easel for water color because it can be adjusted from vertical to horizontal.  The shapes start coming together and the values within the painting.
I have added just about everything except the people which will demand the most attention.  
The people have been indicated and I am ready to push beyond the values and establish the colors within the painting.
Here I am developing the shapes and indicating the colors that will react to the pastel.
The darker and grayer you go in the under painting the more dramatic the pastel application can become.
The finished painting.  Farmers Market 20.5"X 26"
The value shot.
The detail shot.

No comments: