Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Mothers Day


I went to the Cal State Fullerton Arboretum to paint after having a nice morning with the wife and kids.
 I knocked out a quick sketch and went right into the painting.  I thought that the arboretum was going to close around three in the afternoon.  I did not start painting till around 12:30 pm.
 I set up in the shade with a nice view of the flower garden.  I picked the arboretum because it would give me a chance to paint in an even more abstract manner.


 There were three of these little guys running around all afternoon.  They were really funny to watch.
 I am getting really close at this point.  The focus shifts from being in the painting to being outside the painting and seeing what it needs.


I finished and packed up, took a picture, packed up the car and headed home.

The finished painting 24"X36" soft pastel on sanded plywood with a underpainting of acrylic paint and pumice gel.
 The value shot.
The detail shot.

No comments: