Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 9, 2015

WIP

 I  have been in the Chino Hills State Park many times.  My house is about a quarter mile from a entrance into the park.  The hills, trees, shadows, the feeling of distance are things that have pulled me into the park time and time again.  Most of the time I am in the park when it has dried out.  I went into the park last week in the latter part of the afternoon.  I went on a quick 6 mile hike that took me to the top of the hills.  I made it down just in time to beat the sun setting.  The views were breath taking.  
I am never at a shortage for inspiration, but the beauty of this day had to be put down while it was fresh in my mind.  Above you can see the two starts I did.  The top painting is a oil that measures 24"X 36".  The bottom painting is a water color that I will apply pastels to.  This start also measures 24"X 36".  As a painter, you get a feeling about a painting as it develops.  These paintings are going to be special.

No comments: