Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Changing Conditions

The board I brought was the wrong size for the composition of this painting.  I had to make adjustments through my sketch to insure I could make this work.

Just as I had gotten down the large masses the fog rolled in and changed everything.  I had made mistakes in the past when the light had changed down here.  In order to keep the painting on track I had to think about what I would do to.

I have been here when the fog came in hard and left later in the afternoon.  I evaluated the fog and decided that it would burn off.  At that point I stopped looking at the scene and worked from memory.  I used what I had already put down as a reference for what I was going to do until the fog lifted.  I made sure my color choices remained consistent with what I had already done.

No comments: