Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Shaw's Cove Gazebo

This day could not have been more beautiful.  This day in November could not have been more spectacular.  It was so clear and warm.  This small hidden cove was mine and mine alone to paint.

I really like when there are places that make it easy for me to set up and keep my stuff organized.  In this case, the home that was on the beach had this little patio area.  It just so happened that it was about the only area I could set up without getting wet.  The tide was high when I got to the beach.

I tried to keep in mind some of the concepts that Thomas Jefferson Kitt covered on his demo.  One of my key take aways was to work with a notan concept.  Trying to hold onto the light and dark pattern of the values as long as possible.

No comments: