Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Posting Every Single Painting

So, as I look back upon my posts and view my progress as a artist I have noticed that the quality of my paintings vary in quality.  There are periods where I am really on and periods where I am not on. I'll look at a group of posts and notice when I am on a hot streak.  As I seek to grow as an artist I am constantly trying new things-it may not look like it but it feels like it to me... One of the questions is do I need to post everything?  Should I just post my best finished efforts?  I try to post every painting in the order it was painted in.  The goal is to show where I have been and to elevate the quality of my work-month to month, week to week, and painting to painting.  I think I just need to paint more and the results will follow.
One of the things that has really accelerated my growth is the plein air painting that I have been doing.  All of the plein air painting I have done so far has been 100% completed on site.  There is no time to rework or second guess the work that you are doing.  This results in definite wins and loses.  This helps to shape decisions in future paintings.  I am not sacrificing the size of my painting to get to a finished product.  Painting larger helps me explore areas of the painting to a greater degree but it is also challenging to get a finished expression in the two to three hours I am painting.






No comments: