Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, October 6, 2023

Mixing It Up


 Lately I have been trying to get more painting out of every session.  About a month ago I completed 3 paintings in one sitting. It was 8 hours of pure concentration and effort.  The paintings were all plein air pastel on board.  Two of the paintings were 24"x36" and one was a 24"x24".  So most days are 2 paintings start to finish. No touch ups back at the studio.  The purpose is to develop fully expressed paintings without carrying them over to another day or finishing them in the studio.  The studio can become a crutch. 

 
For this session I started with this pastel on board.  It took me longer than I intended.  I put extra time into the development of the Blue Agave in the foreground.  I then painted a large gouache.  I just started painting in gouache in February. 

No comments: