Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Demo for Orange Art Association

This was my first demo for a group of artists.  I had an hour to complete my presentation so there was no time to fool around.

The outline I did in the preceding post was what I used to keep on track.  I was early and set up so as not to waste one minute.  Since I was working inside I used a reference photo.  I picked a smaller size to work on to insure I would finish on time.
I let one of the Orange Art Association members put down some pastel.  She was a pastel artist who did not have a large selection of pastels.  She was having a lot of fun.  I think she would have finished it if I let her.

I worked to get all the basic elements in the painting to manage the finish of the painting.  I was not sure if I could complete a painting in an hour and it was going to get raffled off.  There was no time to go back into the painting and correct any mistakes.

It was a race to beat the clock.  I was able to cover the information that I wanted to and the people were nice. They kept asking questions and giving me time updates.

I saved the palm trees and the biggest light to dark contrasts till the end.  I was not really happy with the palm trees but there was no time.  The one hour flew by and before I knew it my time was done.  I would have liked to work the painting more.  I think there was a lot that could have still been done.

I want to thank the Orange Art Association for inviting me.
The finished demo " Kerri's View" 24x24 pastel on board.
The value shot
The detail shot.

No comments: