Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Plein Air Opening At Brea City Gallery

On August 21st the plein air show opened at the Brea City Gallery.
Christina Mercier the gallery director, picked one of my paintings to be on the postcard.  They also used it for the banner and related promotional materials.  This has never happened to me.  I was so excited and thankful.

I invited some friends to the opening.  We ate at the Yardhouse in Brea and drove over.  The opening was from 7 till 9 pm.  It was pretty packed.



I have five pieces from the last two years in the show.
I was in the middle of the gallery.  I really liked the location of my work.  It had a lot of room to view it.
The last couple of weeks I have been thinking about where my is going to go from here.  I do not think I am anywhere near where I can be as an artist.  The question I am asking myself is; what is the next thing that I do to propel my growth to the next level.
Here is my current verbage about my art.
There were a surprising number of watercolor artists at the show.  The stylistic differences amongst the watercolor artists was very interesting.


Here are the five works that I had in the show.  This marks the first time that I used Randy Higbee as a framer.  I loved the way they turned out.


No comments: