Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fullerton Arboretum


It was late in the day to go anywhere searching for a composition, so I went to the Cal State Fullerton Arboretum.  Their flower garden was really looking good.

I got there around 1 pm and the arboretum closed around 4: 30 pm.  Usually I will walk around and use my camera to find the right composition; but there was no time for that.
With the reduced window of time to paint within, I had to alter my approach to the subject.  I focused on putting down large areas of color before working into the detail of the painting.


Add caption



Once I began working on the details within the flowers, I tried to finish each section of the painting.  Usually I will work all areas of the painting and try to establish balance between all areas of the painting.

At this point in the painting, one of the attendants came by and said we had about 20 minutes till the arboretum closed.  I wrapped it up in about 10 minutes and had enough time to clean up and pack up.
The finished painting 24"X 36".
Fullerton Arboretum
Detail


No comments: