Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Corona Hills

 



The scope of the distance covered in this composition made it difficult to fit into this 24"X 36" panel.  In order to create an impressionistic feeling, I am working at alternating complementary colors.  I started with a blue panel and worked some warm browns and some oranges.  I then worked greens with some reds and violets over the first layer of painting.

At this point in the painting, I really like the colors I have put down.  In the next picture you can see the color theme has gotten away from me and the painting becomes a battle to try and get the feeling back.
I continue to fight with the color and the shapes.  There is too much thinking going on right now.  My best paintings flow.  Although I keep pushing forward to completion, it is a struggle.

No comments: