Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Artistic Block

I just don't get it.  I think I could paint everyday all day and not run out of things to paint.  I see paintings that I would like to paint everyday on the way to work.  I wake up thinking about what I would like to try from technique, to color, to composition.  I see other artists work and it inspires me to try new things.  With plein air painting everything is different all the time.  Forget the different scenery-you could paint the same scene every day and never end up with the same painting.  I am guessing that painters block is more of a function of laziness or severe lack of imagination than anything else.  I don't know how many paintings I have in me but I know that I will never run out of things to say or ways of saying them.

No comments: