Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Painting in Santiago Canyon

It has been very hot recently.  It is either the morning, the evening, or the beach.  I did not get to start painting till about five in the afternoon.  I was painting on masonite with pumice gel and acrylic paint for the tone.  With so little time there is no going back.  Although I was painting on a surface 24"X36"; I could have used another foot in the width.  My compostion missed the valley fading off into the distance and the highlights on the oaks as they faded into the atmosphere.  This painting was all about adjustments to what did not go as I planned.  When I look at this painting I see all of the mistakes that I wish I could have avoided.  However, there is enough truth in the painting to remember what it was like in the canyon.

No comments: