Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Painting at Big Bend

This plein air painting was done in Laguna just off of Laguna Canyon road at the Big Bend open space.  It was an amazing day once the morning haze burned off.  After about 2 hours I was finished.  I packed up and took a hike up the hill.


click on the painting to enlarge
The painting is done on masonite with an gray acrylic and pumice ground.  The painting measures 24"X36". 
click on the painting to enlarge

My second painting of the day started at about 4pm.  I painted for about an hour and a half at Hiesler Park down at the main beach in Laguna.  This is one of my favorite views.  The rocks were changing colors quickly as the sun got lower on the horizon.  This painting is done on masonite with a pumice and acrylic ground.  This painting measures 16"X24".

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Mike,
How can I reach you please? I'd like to ask your permission to reproduce one of your photos for a mailer we're designing for the Laguna Canyon Foundation. Thanks!
Laura

Laura said...

Hi Mike,
How can I reach you please? We'd like to ask your permission to reproduce a photo in a mailer we're designing for the Laguna Canyon Foundation, thanks!