Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Corona Hills

click image to enlarge
This pastel painting was a plein air piece I did a couple of days ago in the hills in Corona at the edge of the Cleveland National Forest.  This was the first time I painted on this surface.  The surface kind of reminded me of velour with a little more resistance to the pasel as I stroked it across the surface.  The name of the surface is called Pastel Mat http://www.pastelmat.com/ I like it enough to continue to use it.  I did think that it did not hold as many layers of pastel as velour.  I did like the feel of the texture of the surface.  I did like the ability of the surface to be covered quickly.  It did hold the pastel better than velour.  This study took about an hour and a half.  The painting measures 18"X25".  I am gearing up for a my first plein air competition coming up in January.

No comments: