Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 4, 2010

Hazy Morning in the Canyons

This painting is done on velour paper with soft pastels and measures 14"x19".  This painting like my two previous posts has been sitting in my studio for well over a year waiting for that final touch.  I would say that about 99% of the time I work start to finish on a painting without starting anything else until it is done.  Even if I become stuck in the execution of an idea or technique, I generally just do the best I can.  I may rework a section a couple of times to get it right but if that doesn't work, I just move on anyway.  There are times when I realize I am just not good enough yet to complete some of my ideas as I see them.  So anyway, back to this painting.  I did not do anything more to it.  I thought about lightening it up and working on the atmospheric perspective.  Sometimes enough is enough.

No comments: